UK SnB Blanket: What to do : DEADLINE EXTENDED to 8th NOVEMBER 2007
Posted by Deadly Knitshade on September 24, 2007
As you may or may not know S&B London are currently running a project to knit a huge and fabulous UK SnB Blanket to show the world how many knitting group the UK is home to, and to show off at UK SnB Day in November.
The S&B London Stitchettes have been hard at work planning and designing and have come up with a plan.
What we need from your knitting group are:
- 2x knitted or crocheted squares (or a bit of both) measuring 20cm each side
- A list of the names of anyone who helped to create it
- Your official group name and where you meet (city or town)
- A little bit about your group if you have time
Instructions for the squares:
1. You don’t have to do two squares. If you don’t have time one is fine.
2. Squares must be 20cm by 20cm (though a couple of mm either side is ok)
3. Go wild with your design! There are no rules here.
But here are some ideas to help. You could:
- Put on your group name
- Intarsia or embroider something to represent your area
- Put on your group logo (if you have one)
- Knit items to stick on
- Knit words of group wisdom onto it
All squares need to be returned by the 8th of November 2007 at the very latest.
Send them to:
Stitch and Bitch London
105B Tranmere Road
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have even the tiniest question, or to let us know you want to take part. We are here to help.🙂
Good luck and happy knitting!
The S&B London Stitchettes x