Ravelympics: Join Team S&B London and kick some Ravelympic booty!
Posted by Deadly Knitshade on February 14, 2010
Ladies and Gents of Stitch and Bitch London
That time has come again. Last year we were sweating blood, straining wrists, and blistering our needle/hook holding fingers to cross that finish line in a blaze of woolly glory.
This year we’re going to do it even better.
Let the Ravelympics 2010 madness begin!
Here’s the skinny:
When is it?
Ravelympics runs from Feb 12-28, 2010 (when the Vancouver Winter Games is on)
What is it?
Two crazed weeks of focused, intense personal & team stitching challenges to tackle while watching the actual Olympics unfold before our eyes (ok you don’t have to watch, you can watch True Blood instead. Just knit/crochet!)
What do I need to do to join?
- Join Ravelry
- Choose your event from the list here
- Join Team Stitch and Bitch London
- Let us know which event you want to take part in on the thread
- Add your project and make sure you use the correct tags
IMPORTANT: You must add these tags to your project
- Event tag: the tag is in italics just after your event on the events list e.g. eventbobsled
- Our team tag: teamstitchnbitchlondon
- Ravelympics tag: ravelympics2010
6. Knit like crazy
What do I get?
You get a shiny medal at the end (“A real Team S&B London Ravelympics badge to pin on yourself”)
You get the admiration of all those around you
You get to KICK SOME ARSE!
Still don’t get it: Check out Ravelry for the rules
Join in the ‘OhmygodwhatthehellamIdoing?!?!?’ chat on our “How goes it?” Ravelympics thread too.
What the hell are you waiting for?! Sign up! Now DROP AND GIVE US TWENTY!
Lots of tough love
The Stitchettes x